Friends of the Mesa Refuge
The Mesa Refuge is a writers' retreat located in Point Reyes Station, CA. It is one of the few retreats in the United States that supports people writing about nature, economics and social equity. Since 1998, the Mesa Refuge has granted residencies to over 500 writers.
Below is a partial list of books conceived or written, at least in part, at the Mesa Refuge.
- Michael Pollan, The Omnivore's Dilemma
- Frances Moore Lappé, Hope's Edge
- Terry Tempest Williams, Leap
- Jerry Mander, Alternatives to Economic Globalization
- Chuck Collins, Wealth and our Commonwealth
- John de Graaf, Take Back Your Time
- Edgar Cahn, No More Throwaway People
- Mary Clark, In Search of Human Nature
- Mark Hertsgaard, Earth Odyssey
- David Helvarg, Blue Frontier
- George Lakoff, Thinking Points
- Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, Failing America's Faithful
- Dean Baker, Social Security: The Phony Crisis
- Christopher Cook, Diet for a Dead Planet
- Eugene Linden, Winds of Change
- Claire Cummings, The Future of Seeds
- Diane Dumanoski, Our Stolen Future
- Grace Gershuny, The Soul of Soil
- Merrill Goozner, The $800 Million Pill
- Larry Gonick, Cartoon History of the Universe (vol. 3)
- Marjorie Kelly, The Divine Right of Capital
- Alex Steffen, World Changing
- Lynne Twist, The Soul of Money
- Wolfgang Sachs, The Johannesburg Memo
- Rebecca Solnit, Hope in the Dark
- Jeff Gates, The Ownership Solution
- David Bollier, Silent Theft: The Private Plunder of our Common Wealth
- Robert Glennon, Water Follies
Friends of the Mesa Refuge Contributions to this project are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
See more of our sponsored projects.