Chinese Herb Garden
Founded in 2009, Chinese Herb Garden is an educational non-profit organization whose mission is to promote the sustainable use of Asian medicinal flora.
Chinese Herb Garden Project aims to ensure sustainable, long-term access to and abundance of Asian medicinal flora, both wild and cultivated. We do this through education and by connecting diverse stakeholders including, but not limited to, the Chinese medicine community of doctors, students and patients, horticulturalists, conservation biologists, farmers and herb vendors, and the general public.
Our goals are to:
- Create a hub of communication linking diverse communities interested in Asian medicinal flora.
- Educate the Chinese medicine community about sustainability issues of Asian medicinal flora, including the dissemination of information about "best practices" relating to sustainable, ecological and fair harvest and/or cultivation.
- Ensure long-term accessibility to and sustainable use of Asian medicinal flora.
Educating people about the realities and threats that face Asian medicinal flora is an important part of our mission. We use a variety of media and venues to reach a diverse group of stakeholders:
- A "Red List" of endangered Chinese medicinal herbs
- An interactive, educational website
- Articles and publications
- Collaboration with companies, educational institutions, and organizations that promote standards for the sustainable practice of Chinese herbal medicine
Chinese Herb Garden on the web:
Chinese Herb Garden Contributions to this project are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
See more of our sponsored projects.